Here’s a cute way to hang up those Christmas ornaments when you have a pet that just can’t keep their paws off them! As most of ya’ll know, I have a cat names Eevee and I love her to death but it’s impossible to decorate our tree with her around. We’re lucky we could even get our tree up. Greg’s mom surprised me with these adorable animal ornaments and it just broke my heart that I wouldn’t be able to show them off on our tree, so I got creative.
I got almost everything at Hobby lobby and spent just under 12 bucks! Anything Christmas related was 50% off.
Here’s a list of all the items pictured above:
- Branch- I found this on the ground of my apartment complex. If you just go to a park or walking around I’m sure you could find one that will be big enough for you to use.
- Ribbon- I found this ribbon lying around our place. I’m not sure where I got it from, but Hobby Lobby would be a good start.
- Extreme Sheen Metallic paint- I got it in the color ‘Sterling Silver’ from Hobby Lobby for less than $3.
- Flat Brush- I’ve had this brush it came from a set that I got from, you guessed it, Hobby Lobby.
- Ornaments- I can’t remember exactly where Greg’s mom got these from, but you can use whatever ornaments you have.
- Holly- from Hobby Lobby for $3. I added this because it is known as a Christmas plant.
- Green pine pipe cleaners- from Hobby Lobby for $1.50
- Mini Christmas Ornaments- From Hobby Lobby $1.50 each
I decided to paint the branch a metallic silver color because I felt it went with the Christmas theme. You’re welcome to do anything you want! I’m just showing what I did to help spark up your creativity.
After painting the branch, I let it air dry for about 2 hours, just to be safe.
I then used the pine pipe cleaners to wrap the Holly in place and then continued wrapping them around the whole branch for some green. I made a bow out of the ribbon and wrapped it on the center of the branch. The last thing left to do was to hang up the ornaments, but first I needed Greg’s help putting the branch up. We used 2 nails and string to hang the branch on the wall. Once the branch was up we hung up all the ornaments!